Kadokawa has published an official teaser trailer for Girls’ Last Tour (known in Japan as Shojo Shumatsu Ryoko), an upcoming TV anime based on the web manga by Tsukumizu about a pair of young women touring the wastelands left behind after the fall of human civilization.
More of the staff for Girls’ Last Tour has also been announced, including:
- Original work: Shojo Shumatsu Ryoko by Tsukumizu (serialized in Shinchosha’s Kurage Bunch digital manga magazine)
- Director: Takaharu Ozaki
- Series composition and screenplay: Kazuyuki Fudeyasu
- Character design, chief animation director: Mai Toda
- Kettenkraftrad design, modeling: Hiroshi Souma
- Prop design: Goichi Iwahata, Noritaka Suzuki
- Art settings: Ryo Hirata, Takahiro Ishimoto, Ren Ishimori, Yasuhiro Moriki
- Art director: Masakazu Miyake
- Color design: Hiroyasu Kanemitsu (Wish)
- SFX Supervisor: Kumiko Taniguchi (Team Taniguchi)
- Director of photography: Kazumasa Someya (T2studio)
- 3D Director: Patricia Hishikawa (IKIF+)
- Editor: Masahiro Goto (REAL-T)
- Sound director: Jin Aketagawa
- Sound effects: Tomoji Furuya (Swara Pro)
- Music: Kenichiro Suehiro
- Music production: KADOKAWA
- Animation production: WHITE FOX
- Production: Girls’ Last Tour Production Committee
In Girls’ Last Tour, many years have passed since the collapse of civilization. Machines have broken down and cities have turned into crumbling mazes. Most of the human race has died off, but Chito and Yuuri still travel the world in their beloved Kettenkraftrad tractor. Described as a “heart-warming, dystopian fantasy”, Girls’ Last Tour follows the everyday lives of Chito and Yuuri as they struggle to survive together.
Girls’ Last Tour will begin broadcasting in Japan in October of 2017.
Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.