Billboard Japan announced its yearly rankings of 2017 for nine categories today. While the film itself couldn’t become a big hit as the producers expected, “Uchiage Hanabi” performed by Japanese singer/rapper DAOKO, the theme song for the Shaft-animated film Uchiage Hanabi/Fireworks, is chosen as the most popular song in the “Hot Animation” category of this year.
The theme song for the anime film adaptation of internationally acclaimed Japanese director Shunji Iwai’s 1993 TV drama Uchiage Hanabi, Uekara Miruka Shitakara Miruka?/Fireworks, Should We See It from the Side or the Bottom? was written/composed/produced by singer-songwriter Kenshi Yonezu (his two other solo songs also ranked in top 10) and released in Japan on August 16 as DAOKO’s 3rd single. It dominated Billboard Japan’s Hot Animation ranking for 11 consecutive weeks, and its digital single was certificated “Gold” by The Recording Industry Association of Japan (RIAJ) with over 100,000 paid downloads.
Billboard Japan “Hot Animation” top 10 of 2017
1. “Uchiage Hanabi” by DAOKO x Kenshi Yonezu (Uchiage Hanabi/Fireworks theme song)
2. “Zenzenzense” RADWIMPS (Kimi no Na wa./Your Name. theme song)
3. “Peace Sign” Kenshi Yonezu (My Hero Academia 2nd OP)
4. “RAIN” SEKAI NO OWARI (Mary and the Witch’s Flower theme song)
5. “orion” Kenshi Yonezu (March comes like a lion 2nd ED)
6. “Youkoso Japari Park he” Doubutsu Biscuits and PPP (Kemono Friends OP)
7. “OVER THE TOP” Hey! Say! Jump! (Time Bokan 24 OP)
8. “Bagutte Iijan” HKT48 (Kamiwaza Wanda OP)
9. “Togetsukyou ~Kimi Omou” Mai Kuraki (Detective Conan: Crimson Love Letter theme song)
10. “CATCH THE MOMENT” LISA (Sword Art Online The Movie: Ordinal Scale theme song)
Source: Billboard Japan