Happy Sugar Life, a psychological horror manga by Tomiyaki Kagisora about a girl who is willing to kidnap and kill in the name of love, is being adapted into a TV anime that will broadcast in Japan in July of 2018. The main staff for Happy Sugar Life includes:
- Original work: Happy Sugar Life by Tomiyaki Kagisora (published in Square Enix’s Monthly Gangan Joker)
- Supervising director: Keizō Kusakawa
- Director: Nobuyoshi Nagayama
- Series composition: Touko Machida
- Character design: Shōko Yasuda
- Art director: Kiyotaka Yachi
- Color design: Yōko Matsubara
- Director of photography: Yasuyuki Itō
- Editor: Yūji Oka
- Sound director: Yayoi Tateishi
- Music: Kōichirō Kameyama
- Animation production: Ezo’la
The cast of Happy Sugar Life includes:
Kana Hanazawa as Sato Matsuzaka.
Misaki Kuno as Shiori Kobe.
And Yumiri Hanamori as Asahi Kobe.
Additionally, the opening theme for Happy Sugar Life is performed by Akari Nanawo.
The story of Happy Sugar Life follows Sato Matsuzaka, a high school girl who experiences a wonderfully sweet feeling whenever she’s around Shiori, the girl that she loves. Sato is willing to do anything to protect that special feeling, including committing crimes such as kidnapping and murder.
Happy Sugar Life will broadcast on MBS (Mainichi Broadcasting System) and other stations beginning in July of 2018.
Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.