It’s almost time to experience corporate culture so bureaucratic that it’s criminal, and the TV anime adaptation of Chuukan Kanriroku Tonegawa (“The Chronicles of Middle Manager Tonegawa”), a comic that parodies Nobuyuki Fukumoto’s hard-boiled gambling manga Kaiji by re-imagining the central villains as a bunch of middle management buffoons, has revealed its main voice cast.
The cast for Chuukan Kanriroku Tonegawa includes:
- Toshiyuki Morikawa as Yukio Tonegawa.
- Wataru Hatano as Kenji Yamazaki.
- Nobunaga Shimazaki as Jirou Saemonsaburou.
- Taku Yashiro as Ebitani.
- Kōtarō Nishiyama as Toshimasa Kawasaki.
- Daiki Hamano as Nakata.
- Takuya Eguchi as Kouji Doushita.
- Kengo Kawanishi as Junichi Hagio.
- Takaya Aoyagi as Kikuchi.
- Chiharu Sawashiro as Nagata.
- Rena Maeda as Saeko Nishiguchi.
- Masane Tsukayama as Kazutaka Hyoudou.
- And Masato Hagiwara as Kaiji Itō.
Based on original characters by Nobuyuki Fukomoto, the original Chuukan Kanriroku Tonegawa manga is written by Tensei Hagiwara, illustrated by Tomoihiro Hashimoto and Tomoki Miyoshi, and serialized in Kodansha’s Gekkan Young Magazine. The series follows Yukio Tonegawa, a mid-level manager who is driven to distraction by the cruel whims of his boss and the foolishness of his subordinates.
The Chuukan Kanriroku Tonegawa TV anime features animation production by MADHOUSE, and it will broadcast as part of Nippon TV’s “AnichU” programming block beginning in July of 2018.
Official Chuukan Kanriroku Tonegawa TV anime home page
Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.