Latest Content Flag:
MIAMI – December 13, 2016 – TELEMUNDO is pacing to end the year as the #1 Spanish-language network season-to-date in Monday through Friday primetime among adults 18-49 and adults 18-34, according to Nielsen. Fueled by the success of its Super Series™ franchises and innovative drama series, the network is delivering its best season start ever during Monday-Friday primetime with gains over last season, with 1,785,000 total viewers (+5%), 851,000 adults 18-49 (+9%), and 402,000 adults 18-34 (+13%).
For the sixth consecutive year, TELEMUNDO has ranked as the #1 Hispanic VOD network and #1 in transactions for every month of 2016-to-date, according to comScore. Telemundo Now, the network’s full episode destination, generated 12 million video views in 2016-to date, up 90% year-over-year.
TELEMUNDO has over 70 million fans and followers across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube, up 86% year-over-year and its social accounts generated over 2 billion global native Facebook video views, up 158% year-over-year. In addition, Telemundo’s YouTube channels generated 1 billion global video views, up 117% year-over-year. Telemundo was also one of the Top 5 TV networks, regardless of language, every month in 2016 for overall social engagement and one of the Top 4 networks for engagement on Facebook, according to Shareablee.
Highlights for the season include:
- Last week’s premiere of TELEMUNDO’s Super Series™ “El Chema” ranked as the #1 Spanish-language program in primetime, delivering 2,435,000 total viewers and 1,434,000 adults 18-49.
- TELEMUNDO’s “La Doña” delivered 1,851,000 total viewers and 958,000 adults 18-49 on premiere night, ranking as the network’s highest-rated 9pm premiere since 2012.
- During the full run of “Sin Senos Si Hay Paraiso,” TELEMUNDO outperformed Univision (933K vs 888K) at 9pm, among adults 18-49 and delivered the #1 finale at 9pm in Telemundo history among total viewers (2,476,000).
- The third season finale of TELEMUNDO’s highly-rated “Señora Acero 3, La Coyote” ranked #1 in Spanish-language prime delivering 2,642,000 total viewers and 1,508,000 adults 18-49.
- TELEMUNDO ranked as the #1 Spanish-language network on Sunday primetime during the full run of bio-pic based on the life of musical icon Juan Gabriel, “Hasta Que Te Conoci,” outperforming Univision for 11 consecutive weeks. The series delivered 1,938,000 total viewers and 884,000 viewers among adults 18-49.
- TELEMUNDO’s new Sunday night talk and variety show, “Don Francisco Te Invita” premiere averaged 1,840,000 total viewers and 842,000 adults 18-49.
- The simulcast of TELEMUNDO and NBC UNIVERSO’s broadcast of the 2016 “Latin American Music Awards” averaged 2,357,000 total viewers and 1,162,000 adults 18-49, topping 2015’s delivery by 14% and 17%, respectively.
- For the month of November, Telemundo News garnered 1,907,089 unique users driven by its election coverage, the highest ever in the history of Telemundo.com.
- Across Telemundo.com and the Telemundo News App, Noticias Telemundo averages over 1,100,000 unique users per month in 2016 to-date, +21% growth year-over-year.
- Titulares y Mas (M-F) ranked as the # 1 regularly scheduled sports news and commentary show in Spanish-language television among adults 18-49 (253K).
Source: Nielsen, 9/19/16-12/8/16 vs. 9/21/15 -12/10/15, strict dayparts used for M-F 7-11pm, and M-F 8-11pm. STD and daily ratings based on L+SD IMP. Digital/Social: comScore OnDemand Essentials, 2011-2016; Shareablee, Global; October 2016 vs. October 2015; Adobe Analaytics, US Only; Jan-Nov 2016 vs. Jan-Nov 2015; Shareablee, Global; January-November 2016 vs 2015; YouTube Analytics, Global; January-November 2016 vs 2015
TELEMUNDO is a world-class media company leading the industry in the production and distribution of high-quality Spanish-language content across its multiplatform portfolio to U.S. Hispanics and audiences around the world. The network features original scripted dramas from Telemundo Studios – the #1 producer of Spanish-language primetime content – as well as non-scripted productions, theatrical motion pictures, specials, news and first-class sports events, reaching 94% of U.S. Hispanic viewers in 210 markets through its 17 owned stations and 54 broadcast affiliates. TELEMUNDO is part of NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises, a division of NBCUniversal, one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.