Good news and bad news for anyone who’s excited about the western release of romantic visual novel Song of Memories. First up, the bad news: Due to what publisher PQube refers to as “development complications,” the Switch version has been cancelled.
The good news? It’s coming to PS4 in North America and Europe on February 1.
As for the content, a Twitter user asked PQube whether or not the game would be censored. Here’s what they had to say:
Content-wise the game is the same as the Japanese version, in terms of localisation, ages have been removed from the characters, and the term School has been changed to Academy. This was to placate age rating boards and has nothing to do with recent platform holder changes.
— PQube Games (@PQubeGames) January 7, 2019
Here’s the latest teaser:
- Become the Most Popular Guy Around – Romance six gorgeous girls and reshape the story around your chosen one true love – with multiple endings up for grabs.
- A Cast Bursting with Life – Forget static visual novel conversations: Fully animated characters move and react to one another’s lines, all voiced by the original Japanese cast across more than 40 hours of audio.
- A Deep, Dark Secret to Uncover – Don’t be fooled by the colorful exterior: Song Of Memories is a tale of love in the early days of a monster apocalypse! Can you discover the truth and save the love of your life?
- An Adventure that Defies Expectations – Song Of Memories combines all the best parts of visual novels with rhythm-action and light role-playing systems to offer surprises at every turn.
- Complex, Branching Storylines – Your decisions affect what happens! Keep track of every single twist and turn with the storyline tracker, which lets you revisit choices and explore different outcomes.
- A Musical Masterpiece – Discover an incredible, original soundtrack that fills more than four audio CDs, and harness those tunes yourself in an intense rhythm-action battle system.