To celebrate the 100th anniversary of its municipal organization, the city of Ogaki in Gifu Prefecture has commissioned a 9 minute short anime film entitled Oan Monogatari: Sono Natsu, Watashi ga Shitta-koto (“The Tale of Oan: What I Learned That Summer”) which highlights the history of the area and promotes local tourism.
The film is partly inspired by Oan Monogatari, the testimony of the daughter of a samurai who lived in Ogaki Castle during the Battle of Sekigahara. The staff of Oan Monogatari: Sono Natsu, Watashi ga Shitta-koto includes:
- Original work, screenplay: Kō Nakamura
- Director: Futoshi Matsumoto
- Assistant director: Shuji Ono
- Animation: Kōtarō Nakamori
- Art director: Yūji Kaneko
- Animation producer: Shigetaka Mochizuki
- Animation production: asura film
- Planning, production: Pony Canyon
- Production: Ogaki City, Ogaki Tourist Association
Oan Monogatari: Sono Natsu, Watashi ga Shitta-koto also features the voice talents of Suzuko Mimori as An, Haruka Yoshimura as Ane (“Elder Sister”), and Ayaka Imamura as Oan.
Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.