Film director and splatter aficionado Noboru Iguchi (The Machine Girl, Zombie Ass: Toilet of the Dead) is taking the role of lead director in an upcoming short form horror TV anime entitled Sekai no Yami Zukan (“The Dark Picture Book of the World”) that will debut on TV Tokyo in April of 2017.
Inspired by the “weird fiction” of the Showa era, Sekai no Yami Zukan will feature macabre tales involving UFOs, UMAs (“unidentified mysterious animals”), curses, supernatural powers, psychic phenomena, lost civilizations, alternate dimensions, mysteries and urban legends, and so on.
The staff for Sekai no Yami Zukan includes:
- Series director: Noboru Iguchi
- Cast: Takumi Saito, Katsumi Toi, Asana Mamoru, Yukihiro Takiguchi, Aoi Imagawa, Nomakes, Tetsu Watanabe
- Planning: Norio Yamakawa (TV Tokyo), Takuya Iwasaki (ILCA)
- Producers: Noboyuki Hosoya (TV Tokyo), Akira Funada (ILCA), Mana Fukui (WONDER HEAD)
- Ending theme: “me to me” by MONO NO AWARE (P-VINE, Inc)
- Production: ILCA
- Production assistance: WONDER HEAD
Sekai no Yami Zukan will broadcast on TV Tokyo during the Sunday late-night programming block beginning in April of 2017. The exact TV schedule has not yet been announced.
Source: Anime! Anime!
Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.