A new stage play adaptation of Nobuhiro Watsuki’s action jidaigeki manga series Rurouni Kenshin is confirmed to be performed at Shinbashi Enbujo in Tokyo from October 10 to November 7 and Osaka Shochikuza in Osaka from November 15 to 24. Advance tickets will go on sale on July 28.
This is the second stage play based on the manga following the musical edition performed by Takarazuka Revue’s Yuki-gumi (Snow Troupe) in 2016. 37-year-old former Takarazuka top star Seina Sagiri, who played the protagonist Kenshin Himura in the 2016 musical, is set to reprise her role. And the musical’s writer/director Shuichiro Koike is again attached to work on the new play.
- Kenshin Himura: Seina Sagiri
- Kamiya Kaoru: Moka Kamishiraishi (Kiki in the Kiki’s Delivery Service musical)
- Hajime Saito: Yusuke Hirose (Gin Ishida in The Prince of Tennis musical)
- Aoshi Shinomori: Ryosuke Miura (Ankh/Shingo Izumi in Kamen Rider OOO)
- Kanryu Takeda: Ryuji Kamiyama (Shuji Tanegashima in The Prince of Tennis anime)
- Sozaburo Kanou: Mitsuru Matsuoaka (Kastumi Daodoh/Kamen Rider Eternal in Kamen Rider W)
— 浪漫活劇『るろうに剣心』公式アカウント (@ruroken_stage) 2018年5月16日
DVD jacket for the 2016 musical