Latest Content Flag:
NBC AND TELEMUNDO OWNED STATIONS IN MIAMI AND PUERTO RICO WIN 25 SUNCOAST REGIONAL EMMY® AWARDS
MIRAMAR, FL – (December 6, 2017) – The Suncoast Chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences awarded NBC6 / WTVJ, Telemundo 51 Miami / WSCV and Telemundo Puerto Rico / WKAQ a combined total of 25 Suncoast Regional Emmy® Awards during the 41st Annual awards gala held on Saturday, December 2 in Orlando, Florida.
NBC6 was recognized with five Suncoast Emmy® awards including two awards in the “Breaking News” and “Spot News” categories for their coverage of the fatal mass shooting at the Fort Lauderdale Airport earlier this year. Telemundo 51 won 13 awards across various categories including an award for their special report about the death of Fidel Castro in the “Newscast – Evening” category, as well as an award for their news special “Unidos Por Pulse” about the mass shooting at Pulse nightclub in Orlando. Telemundo Puerto Rico took home a total of seven awards, including two awards for its investigative series, “Cementerio de los Pobres Equipo T” and “Alerta Carro Inundado a la Venta.”
Below is the full list of wins for NBC6, Telemundo 51 and Telemundo Puerto Rico:
- Breaking News: “Fort Lauderdale Airport Shooter Breaking News”: Trina Robinson, Marissa Bagg, Steve Paine, Willard Shepard, Michael Spears, Anthony James, Jennifer Parker, Shayli Argota, Chad Matthews, Eric Shepard, Gaby Carpio, Rebecca Carmenate
- Spot News: “FLL Fatal Airport Shooting”: Marissa Bagg
- Arts/Entertainment – Program Feature/Segment: “Kraving Miami’s Art”: Eric Rodriguez
- Arts/Entertainment – Program Special: “Art Basel Miami Special”: Eric Rodriguez, Roxanne Rodriguez
- Sports – One-Time Special: ‘6 in the Mix’ Nascar Special: Alex Suarez, Roxanne Rodriguez, Eric Rodriguez
- Newscast – Evening – Larger Markets: “Especial Muerte de Fidel Castro, Fin de Semana”: Irisbeth Rohena, Alejandro Isturiz
- Feature News Report – Serious Feature: “Transportando Menores”: Adriana Mocciola, Adriana Delgado, Javier Uriza, Patricio Muñoz, Javier Sierra
- Feature News Report – Serious Series: “En Tierras de Pablo Escobar”: Adriana Mocciola, Guillermo Gonzalez, Patricio Muñoz, Javier Uriza
- News Special: “Unidos Por Pulse”: Alexandra Torres, Jessica Pacheco, Alejandra Molina, David Rodriguez, Alejandro Isturiz
- Weather – News: “Huracán ‘Matthew’ Azota Bahamas”: David Rodriguez
- Weather – Program: “Huracán 2017”: Yoel Rivero, Ariel Rodríguez Meulenert, Vera Castillo
- Interactivity: “Píntate la Cara”: Adriana Mocciola, Raul Dopico, Patricio Muñoz, Daylin Lugo, Maria A. Rincon, Pedro Iguaran, Ana Rosa Thillet, Fanny Hoyos
- Editor – News: Jesus Diaz
- Editor – News: Yoel Rivero
- Editor – News: Patricio Muñoz
- News Producer: Jose Carlos Perez Luzardo
- Photographer – News: Javier Uriza
- Writer – News: Yuniesky Ramirez
Telemundo Puerto Rico
- Continued Coverage – Within 24 Hours: “Paro Nacional”: Dialma Santiago, Janet Toro Fantauzzi
- Investigative Report – Series: “Cementerio de los Pobres Equipo T”: Ana Hernández-Ramos
- Investigative Report – Series: “Alerta Carro Inundado a la Venta”: Zugey Lamela
- Arts/Entertainment – News Feature: “Manos Que Crean”: Yadira Delgado
- Writer – News: Walter Soto-León, “Droga Sucia”
- Writer – News: Walter Soto-León, “Marihuana: Del Punto al Dispensario”
- Writer – News: Zugey Lamela, “Esquema de Alto Voltaje”
For complete details on all of the winners and categories, please access The National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences Suncoast Regional Chapter’s official 2017 Suncoast Regional Emmy® awardees list here.
NBC 6 / WTVJ is the NBC-owned station serving Miami-Dade, Broward and Monroe counties. NBC 6 was Florida’s first television station and has been covering news in South Florida for more than 60 years. WTVJ was founded on three basic principles: commitment to the community, excellence in journalism, and pioneering and innovation. Today, NBC 6 produces more than 30 hours of local news and programming per week, delivers dynamic multi-platform content on NBC6.com and COZI TV, and continues its commitment to the community by cultivating local partnerships and capturing the diversity of South Florida.
About Telemundo 51
Telemundo 51 / WSCV is Telemundo’s local television station serving the Spanish-speaking viewers in the Miami-Fort Lauderdale area, the third largest Hispanic market in the country. Owned by NBCUniversal, Telemundo 51 has been delivering local news, information and entertainment to viewers throughout South Florida for more than 30 years. Telemundo 51 is the preferred station for local news in a diverse market that is made up of more than two million Spanish-speaking people whose backgrounds represent more than 20 nationalities. Telemundo 51 is committed to covering issues important to the community as well as partnering with and supporting local organizations that are making a difference in the areas of education, health, civic engagement and the environment. Telemundo 51 also delivers local news and information across all platforms, including online at Telemundo51.com, the Telemundo 51 mobile app and on social media.
About Telemundo Puerto Rico
Telemundo Puerto Rico / WKAQ has been broadcasting quality local news, information and entertainment programming throughout Puerto Rico since it first signed on-air in 1954. As the first local television station to launch on the island, Telemundo Puerto Rico has a rich heritage of producing and televising some of Puerto Rico’s most memorable shows and events, including El Show de las Doce, Llego Menudo, Noche de Gala, Sabado Sensacional, Telecomicas and Dame un Break. Owned by NBCUniversal, Telemundo Puerto Rico produces and broadcasts more than 18 hours of local news each week, including daily shows Día a Día, Dando Candela, Telemundo de Noche and Jay y Sus Rayos X. The station is also the official home of Puerto Rico’s national baseball and basketball teams. For more information, visit TelemundoPR.com.