A new key visual (above), new cast members, and the opening theme performer have been revealed for Libra of Nil Admirari, an upcoming TV anime based on the fantasy visual novel by Otomate set in an alternate history Japan during the Taishou Period where a secretive organization attempts to protect the public from books possessed by the will of their authors.
The new cast members for Libra of Nil Admirari include:
- Hikaru Midorikawa as Yutaka Nabari.
- Eiji Miyashita as Kuina.
- Kazuyuki Okitsu as Motofumi Mashiko.
- Jun’ya Enoki as Tarou Tsubameno.
- Daichi Endō as Takashi Shiginuma.
- Akane Sanada as Shouko Shiginuma.
- Minami Takahashi as Koruri Masaki.
- Kentarō Tone as Takuma Yoshikiri.
- Makoto Ishii as Touichirou Sasagoi.
- Masakazu Nishida as Arata Kijitani.
- Seirō Ogino as Shirou Mozuyama.
- And Akito Sakuragi as Hideki Owase.
Additionally, the opening theme, entitled “Tandeki Mira-ajuism”, will be performed by kradness.
The story of Libra of Nil Admirari is set in an alternative timeline in which the Taishou Period didn’t end in 1926, but instead continued on for an additional 25 years. In this world, people are able to pour their souls into their writing, creating books call “Maremono” which have a profound effect on their readers.
A secretive organization known as the Imperial Library Intelligence Asset Management Bureau (also known as “Fukurou”, or “Owl”) exists to protect these books. After an incident involving a “Maremono”, a young woman named Tsugumi Kuze is drafted by “Fukurou” to help them in their investigations, drawing Tsugumi into a world of intrigue and adventure.
Libra of Nil Admirari is directed by Masahiro Takata and features animation by Zero-G. The series will broadcast on Tokyo MX, Sun TV, BS Fuji, and other stations beginning in April of 2018.
Official Libra of Nil Admirari TV anime home page
Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.