Q&A sessions with Karl Urban (Star Trek, Star Trek: Into The Darkness), Kevin Sorbo (“Hercules: The Legendary Journeys”), Gillian Anderson (“The X-Files”), WWE® The Bella Twins™, Lance Reddick (“American Horror Story,” “Fringe”), a concert by videogame tribute band “Critical Hit,” costume contests, comics creator panels and more are among the programming highlights scheduled at Wizard World Comic Con Minneapolis, Friday through Sunday, May 1-3 at the Minneapolis Convention Center. Programming is free and included as part of the standard event admission unless otherwise noted.
Some highlights of the more than 50 panels scheduled include:
- Interactive Q&As with Urban (Saturday, 2 p.m.), Sorbo (Saturday, 4:30 p.m.), Anderson (Saturday, 4 p.m.), Reddick (Saturday, 3:30 p.m.), Kristy Swanson (Sunday, 1:30), Finn Wittrock (Saturday, 3:00 p.m.), Christopher Judge (Saturday 1:30 p.m.), and Grant Bowler (Sunday, 12:30 p.m.)
- Dual Q&A sessions with Mallrats’Jason Mewes and Michael Rooker (Saturday, 3 p.m.), The Bella Twins(Saturday, 2:30 p.m.), and Harry Potter’s James and Oliver Phelps (Saturday, 3 p.m.)
- Enjoy an an evening with Kevin Smith (*Paid Event at the State Theatre*) (Friday, 8 p.m.)
- Join makeup and special effects artist Warren Dion Smith for a Weta Workshop as he takes us through a transformation of a Weta characters. (standard: Saturday, free with admission, 11:30; in-depth, *paid evet, Saturday 7 p.m.)
- World Of Warcraft’s Composer Jason Hayes presents “Breaking Into The Video Game Industry” (Saturday, 1:30 p.m.). Then at 6 p.m., the band performs original arrangements and electrifying live concerts of music from the most celebrated videogames of all time
- Costume contests for adults (Saturday, 7 p.m.) and kids (Sunday, 3:00 p.m.), plus cosplay-themed sessions with Wizard World’s Damian Beurer, veteran cosplayers and others
- Learn “how to write comics” with Chris Claremont (“X-Men”), Larry Hama (“G.I. Joe”), Avon Oeming (“Thor”), and Renee Witterstaetter (“She-Hulk”) (Friday, 6:30 p.m.)
- Go inside The House of Ideas with Marvel.com’s Blake Garris (Saturday, 4:30 p.m.)
- Learn “how to draw funny” with “Mad’s” Tom Richmond, “The Simpsons’” Phil Ortiz and “Crazy’s” Hama (Saturday, 3:30 p.m.)
- Join Kevin Sorbo (“Hercules: The Legendary Journeys”) for a special screening of Mythica available on CONtv.
Unless noted, programming events take place in the designated General Programming Rooms at the Minneapolis Convention Center. VIP admissions or additional costs may apply to ensure access to select activities, as noted. (*Note: Frank Meet & Greet requires a separate admission, as do the Kevin Smith Q&A and Weta in-depth panel.)
A full list of Wizard World Comic Con Minneapolis programming is available at http://wizd.me/PRProgrammingMinneapolis (subjects, guests, times and rooms subject to change).
Wizard World Comic Con Minneapolis is the eighth of 27 events currently scheduled in the 2015 series produced by Wizard World, Inc. (OTCBB: WIZD). For more on the event, visit http://www.wizd.me/MinneapolisPR.