Supercon is looking to hire a seasonal part time graphic design intern. The candidate must have their own reliable transportation. Preference will be given to candidates who love at least two of the following fandoms: Comic Books, Netflix or TV Comic Shows, Superhero Movies, Anime, Cosplay, Science Fiction, Video Gaming, or Wrestling.
Supercon is a South Florida based events company that organizes and manages multi-genre pop culture fan conventions, such as Florida Supercon, Paradise City Comic Con, Raleigh Supercon, and Louisville Supercon.
Working for Supercon
Supercon is interested in people that excel in a team environment. Someone that shares ideas without fear of reproach and is readily willing to champion other’s ideas. We’re looking for people who are passionate about pop culture and are inspired by fandom to create a better experience for our attendees.
Success at Supercon is measured in fresh ideas that are completed before deadline. We are an office of doers.
We expect continuous learning in your personal time. In order to keep up with the pace of change in digital media, every member of our team uses some of their personal time to develop their skills and keep up with experts and research on digital media.
Internship Details: This is a limited internship position lasting 3-4 months. Position is for our administrative offices in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. This is a paid internship with a pay rate of $10/hour. Standard work shift will be 11am-5pm with 30 min unpaid lunch.
Report To: Sean Gonzalez, Operations Director
Job Purpose: The Graphic Design intern will be a supportive role that learns from and assists the Creative Directors in Photography and Video departments. The Graphic Design Intern will also be responsible for creating/designing logo examples and editing assets for print, web, and social media publishing.
This job required the following skills:
- Experienced in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign)
- Experience working in CMYK for print products
- Advanced skills in visual design, Web Design, print standards, color theory, and typography.
- Out-of-the-box thinker with a knack for creative ideas and concepts
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Quick-learner with ability to take direction, work under pressure, and operate as part of a team
- Confident speaking up and pitching ideas
- A keen eye for detail
To apply for the position, please send an email with these things to email@example.com:
- A resume,
- a link or file with your portfolio,
- and a cover letter that answers the following questions, in your own way:
- Why do you want to work for an event management company?
- What has been your experience with fan conventions?
- Why do you want to work for Supercon?
For more information about our events, visit www.superconventions.com.
Job Type: Internship
The post Graphic Design Intern appeared first on .