The nominations for the 69th Annual Emmy Awards were unveiled Thursday morning in Los Angeles, and NBCUniversal brands received a total of 86 nominations. Below are highlights from NBC Entertainment and NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment.
- NBC received a whopping 62 nominations, in addition to nominations for digital shows “Behind the Voice” and “Jay Leno’s Garage,” making NBC #1 once again among the broadcast networks and improving on a total of 41 nominations from last year.
- Iconic late-night franchise “Saturday Night Live” received a remarkable 22 nominations (tied with “Westworld” as the most for any show), more than last year’s impressive 17 nods.
- Beloved first-year series “This Is Us” hit it out of the park and earned 11 nominations, including a prestigious Outstanding Drama Series nomination. It was the first time a broadcast series has been nominated for Outstanding Drama Series since 2011 and NBC’s first in 11 years (“The West Wing,” 2006).
- Universal Television made an especially strong showing as well, picking up 47 nominations, up from 43 a year ago with impressive recognition for “Master of None,” “Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt” and “Brooklyn Nine-Nine.”
- “Hairspray Live!” made quite an impression with Emmy voters as it garnered 7 nominations, including Outstanding Special Class Program.
- NBC’s alternative division hit it out of the park with both “The Voice” and “American Ninja Warrior” receiving Outstanding Reality-Competition Series nominations. “The Voice” received 8 nominations (2 more than last year) while “American Ninja Warrior” earned its second Emmy nomination for the prestigious category.
- “Late Night with Seth Meyers” earned a nomination for Outstanding Writing for a Variety Series.
- “Dolly Parton’s Christmas of Many Colors: Circle of Love” was nominated for Outstanding Television Movie.
- NBC’s digital team scored 6 nominations including two in the Outstanding Interactive Program category for both “SNL” and “The Tonight Show,” as well as Outstanding Short Form nods for “Creating SNL,” “Behind the Voice” and “Jay Leno’s Garage.” In addition, we got a great nod for our first foray into Snapchat shows with “The Voice on Snapchat.”
NBCUNIVERSAL CABLE ENTERTAINMENT
- USA Network and UCP garnered four Emmy nominations for Mr. Robot including BD Wong as Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series, Outstanding Cinematography for a Single-Camera Series and, for a second time, Outstanding Sound Mixing for a Comedy or Drama Series. Additionally, the USA digital team received an Interactive Emmy nomination for its Mr. Robot virtual reality experience.
- Bravo’s Top Chef received its 11th consecutive nomination for Outstanding Reality Competition Series and Inside The Actors Studio received its 20th Emmy nomination for Outstanding Informational Series!
- E! Live 360, an interactive component of E!’s Live From the Red Carpet, was nominated for Outstanding Creative Achievement In Interactive Media Within An Unscripted Program.
- American Ninja Warrior, an NBC production in association with Esquire Network, received its second consecutive nomination for Outstanding Reality Competition Program.
The Emmy Awards will be held on Sunday, Sept. 15, at 5pm PT at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles. CLICK HERE to see a full list of nominations.