Because we know that many of our attendees enjoy Japanese video games as well as anime, Meg stopped by some of the various booths at E3 to find out what’s planned for AX 2016! This year, AX will host a number of video game, visual novel, and mobile game companies, creators, and more. Check out the rest of the post to find out about just about all the game-related events, panels, booths, and demos available at AX 2016:
Find the news below, sorted by company in alphabetical order:
Aksys Games (Booth #2805)
- Panel: Aksys Games: The State of Anime Gaming
- Sunday, July 3, 1:15 – 2:15 PM in Live Programming 3 / 408 AB
- Zero Escape Puzzle Hunt, a free, live-experience puzzle game in collaboration with the third title in the popular series, “Zero Time Dilemma.”
Bandai Namco (Booth #2101 & Entertainment Hall)
- Demos: Dragon Ball Z Xenoverse 2, Tekken 7, God Eater 2: Rage Burst, Tales of Berseria, JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven, Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization
- Tournaments: Daily in Entertainment Hall (sign up onsite)
- BANDAI NAMCO will host 4 tournaments each day July 1-3 for One Piece Burning Blood, Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4, Dragon Ball Xenoverse, and Tekken 7. The grand prize for each winner is a Xbox One console. We will award 12 Xbox One consoles. In addition there will be games and other prizes awarded to second through fourth places.
- Photo Opportunities: Tekken Dojo, DBZ Spirit Bomb, plus, check out their God Eater display in the South Hall Lobby.
- Panel: Quest Complete! BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment RPG Panel
- Monday July 4, 2016 1:30 PM- 2:30 PM, (Live Programming 2 / 403 AB)
CAPCOM (Booth #505)
- Demos: Monster Hunter Generations, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney- Spirit of Justice
- Check out their booth for a Phoenix Wright photo op, and an awesome Monster Hunter demo station
- Panel: Objection! Go Behind the Courtroom of Ace Attorney
- Saturday, July 2, 9:45 AM- 10:45 AM (Live Programming 2/ 403 AB)
Idea Factory (Booth #808 -809)
- First time participating at AX! They’ll have official merchandise available for purchase.
- Demos: Fairy Fencer F Advent Dark Force, MeiQ: Labyrinth of Death
Inti Creates (Booth # 310 / 311)
Developer of many Mega Man games, plus the upcoming Mighty No. 9, Inti Creates will be participating in AX for the first time this year!
- Demos: Azure Striker Gunvolt 2, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
- Panel: Creating New Games with a Retro Flair: Keiji Inafune and Inti Creates
- Sunday, July 3, 4 – 5 PM (Main Events / Hall B)
NIS America (Booth # 2605)
- Panel: NISA Upcoming Releases & Community! (Friday, July 1, 2:30-3:30PM in LP2)
- Red Moon Day: Saturday, July 2
- Art Show Contest!
- Special Guests: ZUN, Yu Mizokami, JYUNYA, and Yuro Kyoya
- Check out their news page for all the full details.
- Star Ocean Launch Party: Join us as we cele
brate Star Ocean’s 20th Anniversary with the developers, character designer Akiman, Voice Actors and special guests!
- July 2: 5 PM – 9 PM (Lounge 21)
- Panel: Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness – Aligning the Stars
- July 2: 10:15 AM – 11:15 AM (Petree Hall)
- Star Ocean Fan Gathering
- July 1: 4 PM – 6 PM (Gilbert Lindsay Plaza / Cosplay Gathering Site # 6 – see map)
- Screening: BROTHERHOOD FINAL FANTASY XV EP 1&2
- Saturday, July 2 at 1:45 PM (JW Marriott Platinum Ballroom / Video 2)
Additionally, you’ll also be able to find:
- ATLUS (Booth #4001)
- com2us (Booth #220)
- Degica Games (Booth # 4210 / 4211 / 4310 / 4311)
- Extra Life (Entertainment Hall)
- gumi Inc. (Booth #4814)
- Manga Gamer (Booth # 2414 / 2514 / 2515)
- Riot Games Merchandise (Booth #215)
- Voltage (Booth #2009)
Additionally, be sure to check out the Entertainment Hall for the eGaming area with free play and tournaments, as well as the arcade!
Guests & Industry Appearances:
- Akiman (Illustrator/Character Designer for Street Fighter series, Darkstalkers series, and mechanical designer for Code Geass)
- Alice in Dissonance
- bamboo (Founder of visual novel developer OVERDRIVE)
- Hiroshi Ogawa (Director of Star Ocean: INTEGRITY and FAITHFULLNESS)
- Keiji Inafune (Creator of Mega Man series and Mighty No. 9)
- Koji Igarashi (Co-Founder and Producer of ArtPlay; Producer and Scenario Writer for “Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night)
- Koki Yoshimune (President of the PC gaming brand “âge”, original author of the series “Kimi ga Nozomu Eien” and “Muv Luv”. )
- Kotaro Uchikoshi (Spike Chunsoft Co. Ltd. Director, Zero Escape creator)
- Shuichi Kobayashi (Square Enix Producer of Star Ocean series and Valkyrie Profile series)
- Yu Mizokami (Director/Designer of Yomawari: Night Alone)
- Yuro Kyoya (Director of Touhou genso Rondo: Bullet Ballet)
- ZUN (Creator of Touhou Project series)