Question-and-answer sessions featuring stars of “Firefly” and Serenity Nathan Fillion and Adam Baldwin, individual discussions with “Doctor Who” headliners Matt Smith and Karen Gillan and panels featuring William Shatner (“Star Trek,” “T.J. Hooker”), James Marsters (“Buffy The Vampire Slayer,” “Caprica”), Sean Astin (The Lord of the Rings, Rudy) and other celebrities top the robust programming schedule at the inaugural Wizard World Minneapolis Comic Con, Friday through Sunday, May 2-4 at the Minneapolis Convention Center. Most programming is included as part of the standard event admission.
Some of the highlights of the schedule include:
· Interactive Q&A sessions with the “Firefly”/Serenity stars (Sat., 5 p.m.), Smith (Sun., 12:15 p.m.), Gillan (Sat., 3 p.m.), Shatner (Sat., 2 p.m.), Astin (Sat., noon), Marsters (Sat., 1 p.m.), “Karate Kid” Ralph Macchio (Sat., 11:45 a.m.), Nightmare on Elm Street star Robert Englund (Sat., 12:30 p.m.) “The Walking Dead’s” Michael Rooker (Sat., 4 p.m.), “Superman” Dean Cain (Sun., 11:30 a.m.), “Arrow” headliner Manu Bennett (Sun., 12:30 p.m.) and other celebrities
· Informative discussions with noted comics creators Dan Jurgens (Fri., 6 p.m.), Michael Golden (Sat., 11 a.m.), Mitch Gerards, Kevin Maguire, Barry Kitson, Chaz Truog and Doug Wheatley (Sat., 3 p.m.), Tom Cook (Sun., 12:30 p.m.) and more
· Screening of the 1930 film classic The Bat Whispers, with live soundtrack by Chris Strouth and Paris1919 (Sat., 5:30 p.m.)
· Evening parties on Friday (“Wizard World Creator Pro Am: Drink & Draw,” 8:30 p.m.) and Saturday (“Wizard World Official After Party,” 7 p.m.) (21+ only)
· Costume contests for adults (Saturday, 7:15 p.m.) and kids (Sunday, 2:30 p.m.)
· Sci-Fi Speed Dating (Fri., 5 p.m.; Sat., noon, 4 p.m..; Sun., 1 p.m.), 90-minute sessions
· Wizard World Comic Con Film Festival, featuring selected shorts and music videos (Fri. 5-8 p.m., Sat.. 1-5:15 p.m., Sun., 1-4:30 p.m.)
· Meet-and-greets with Jason David Frank (Sat., 10:30 a.m.; Sun., 11:30 a.m.) (paid events)
· Kids Day (Sunday), with an array of kids and family activities designed just for the younger set, highlighted by the Green Ranger Power Hour with Frank (1:30 p.m.)
Unless noted, programming events take place in the designated General Programming Rooms at the Minneapolis Convention Center. VIP tickets or additional costs may apply to ensure access to select activities, as noted.
A full list of Wizard World Minneapolis Comic Con programming is available at http://www.wizardworld.com/programming-minneapolis.html (subjects, guests, times and rooms subject to change).
Wizard World Minneapolis is the sixth of 16 events currently scheduled in the 2014 series produced by Wizard World, Inc. (OTCBB: WIZD) and will also feature a top-drawer collection of well-known comics artists and writers and a variety of activities, exhibitors and special attractions.