The official website for Alice to Zouroku (“Alice & Zouroku”), an upcoming TV anime about a girl with reality-bending powers befriending an elderly flower shop owner, has been updated with a wealth of new information, including a new key visual, a new preview video, new cast announcements, and the Japanese TV schedule for the series.
The new cast members announced for Alice to Zouroku include (from left to right and top to bottom):
- Aki Toyosaki as Sanae Kashimura.
- Natsumi Fujiwara as Asahi Hinagiri.
- Akari Satō as Yonaga Hinagiri.
- Ami Koshimizu as Shizuku Ichijo.
- Hōchū Ōtsuka as Ryuu Naito.
- Yuuki Hirose as Noriko Yamada.
- Mamiko Noto as “Mini-C” Tachibana.
- Masaya Matsukaze as Koichi Kito.
- And Shū Uchida as Kureo.
The OP / ED theme performers for Alice to Zouroku were also announced. The opening theme, entitled “Wonder Drive”, will be performed by ORESAMA. The ending theme, entitled “Chant (kotringo edition)”, will be performed by toi toy toi.
The original Alice to Zouroku manga by Tetsuya Imai is serialized in Tokuma Shoten’s Monthly Comic Ryū seinen manga magazine. An English language version is also published by Seven Seas Entertainment, who described the series as follows:
A group of young girls possess a mysterious power known as “Alice’s Dream,” which gives them the ability to turn their thoughts into reality. Detained and experimented upon, these youths are locked away in secret until one of them manages to escape. Her name is Sana—a girl with the power to ignore the very laws of physics. When this willful powerhouse crosses paths with a stubborn old man named Zouroku, his carefully-ordered life will never be the same again!
The Alice to Zouroku TV anime is directed by Katsushi Sakurabi and features animation by J.C. Staff. It will broadcast in Japan according to the following TV schedule:
- Tokyo MX: every Sunday during the 22:30 time slot beginning on April 02, 2017.
- KBS Kyoto: every Sunday during the 23:00 time slot beginning on April 02, 2017.
- Sun TV: every Sunday during the 24:30 time slot beginning on April 02, 2017.
- BS11: every Tuesday during the 24:00 time slot beginning on April 04, 2017.
- AT-X: every Friday during the 22:00 time slot beginning on April 07, 2017, with repeat broadcast on Monday at 14:00 and on Thursday at 06:00.
Please note that some Japanese TV schedules count early-morning programming as late-night programming of the previous day, so for example the 24:30 time slot on Sunday evening is actually at 12:30 AM JST on Monday morning. Alice to Zouroku will also be digitally distributed in Japan on AbemaTV, d Anime Store, and Bandai Channel.
Official Alice to Zouroku TV anime home page
Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.