We’re in late summer now, and you know what that means? The GeekGirlCon ‘18 countdown can officially begin! For the record, we’ve got 77 days to go.
Everyone has their favorite facet of con-going, whether it’s the panels or the mainstage events or the new friends or just being in a new city for a few days—there’s always something. For some people, it’s the opportunity to get more involved in the operations side of things that makes a con special.
If that’s somewhere near where you fall, I have a quick reminder for you: Applications to be an Agent (AKA the GeekGirlCon volunteers who work only during the con) are closing this upcoming Monday, August 13 at 10:00 p.m.
If you were already planning on volunteering, get those applications in! If you’re on the fence about it, let me give you a couple of details about what you’d be signing up for.
- First of all, we need all Agents to be at least 16 years old.
- This year, the con falls on Saturday, October 27 and Sunday, October 28. We ask that Agents are available to take two shifts (4-5 hours each) over the course of the weekend. There are many different kinds of roles you’ll be choosing from!
- As an Agent, you’ll be required to review some training materials and adhere to our Code of Conduct.
- You’ll get a free pass to the con and access to our Agent Headquarters!
- You’ll get a behind-the-scenes look at con operations and get to know the other awesome folks working as volunteers.
When you’re ready, click through to the application here. And once again, the deadline is August 13. If you have questions about the application, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org with them.
We’re excited to hear from you!