Spring Cleaning Sale ends Friday at Midnight. Buy now and save 40% off select titles http://www.fantagraphics.com/springcleaning/
Deformed figure brand Nendoroid cerebrates its 10th anniversary
Jointly with Ultra Super Pictures, Japanese figure manufacture Good Smile Company set up a huge booth at the AnimeJapan 2016, featuring the 10th anniversary section of the company’s popular deformed figure brand Nendoroid. Check their collection after the jump!
By popular demand, the series’ demi-goddess takes in the spotlight in “Magic Girl Love Warrior Rory Mercury.”
For one day, the anime adaptation of Takumi Yanai’s military fantasy series Gate is getting a special spin-off (Warner Bros. is promising to yank the video after April 1, Japan time.) By popular demand, the series’ demi-goddess takes in the spotlight in “Magic Girl Love Warrior Rory Mercury.” Get a look at this, plus the survey results, after the jump.
This year, Valiant is taking the most critically acclaimed publishing line in comics on the road and gearing up to meet more than a million fans in the US and Canada throughout 2016! Valiant is proud to announce a slew of new dates for the Valiant 2016 Convention Tour – a months-long, coast-to-coast celebration coming […]
Gail Pennington at the Post-Dispatch took quite a bit of […]
The folks at Trigger are hard at work preparing spring’s Kiznaiver, debuting April 9th, and Space Patrol Luluco, debuting the 1st
The folks at Trigger are hard at work preparing spring’s Kiznaiver, debuting April 9th, and Space Patrol Luluco, debuting the 1st. And you know how hectic anime production schedules can be. It looks like in the rush to put together new visuals, the designers got a bit mixed up. Get a look after the jump.
Hanna Mangan-Lawrence battles to survive a sweeping pandemic when Containment premieres April 19 on The CW.
“Evangelion” co-creator Hideaki Anno co-directs new “Godzilla movie.
For April 1st, the sites for Toho’s new Godzilla movie (Godzilla Resurgence internationally, Shin Gojira in Japan) co-directed by Hideaki Anno (Evangellion) and Shinji Higuchi (Heisei Gamera series, Attack on Titan) and Evangelion were updated with a visual featuring a clash between the King of Kaiju and Unit 01. And, it’s more just a April Fool’s joke… it’s also a set of promo merchandise.
It’s already April 1st in Japan, which means that it’s time for announcements like Digimon Adventure Tri’s
It’s already April 1st in Japan, which means that it’s time for announcements like Digimon Adventure Tri’s. There’s a change in plans for the 15th anniversary anime project. Up next is Sukamon Adventure tri.: Nisemono. Check out the visual after the jump.
Sega announces western plans for PS4/Vita rhythm game
Good news for Vocaloid and rhythm game fans today: Sega announced plans to release Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA X on PlayStation 4 and PS Vita in the Americas. The latest entry in the series will be available both physically and digitally this fall, and you can see the trailer and features after the jump.
Latest Content Flag:
Children’s Media Veteran to Lead Overall Content Strategy for the Preschool Network
New York, NY – March 31, 2016 – Amy Friedman has been named Senior Vice President, Programming and Development for Sprout, NBCUniversal’s 24-hour preschool network. In this role, Friedman will create and execute the network’s overall content strategy, and will develop preschool franchises that will support both the brand and its business objectives. The announcement was made today by Frances Berwick, President, Lifestyle Networks, NBCUniversal.
Friedman will join Sprout effective April 1, 2016.
“Amy is extensively qualified to lead Sprout’s programming as we deliver on our promise to create and acquire great content that is unique to preschool television,” said Berwick. “Her track record speaks volumes – she has launched both successful series and the networks that aired them – and her sensibility and smarts make her a perfect fit for this role.”
Friedman will be responsible for the articulation of a compelling programming vision as well as the leadership of all developmental efforts for Sprout Original Series, creating a slate of both animated and live action projects to meet brand, ratings and business goals. She will manage the production of the network’s current series, including storytelling and creative, and will have oversight of Sunny Side Up, the only live daily morning show for preschoolers and their families. Friedman will serve as a key member of Sprout’s executive team, contributing to the strategic direction of the brand and business.
Most recently, Friedman served as Senior Advisor for Scratch, Viacom’s creative S.W.A.T. team, and was President of Redhead Consulting, a brand creation and content development company across all media. A veteran of the kids’ media business, Friedman has held senior management positions across all of the Nickelodeon networks – including Nick, Noggin, and TeenNick. In her role as Senior Vice President Original Programming/Creative Director, she was responsible for steering both Noggin and TeenNick’s original brand strategy, on-air identity, and educational mission in addition to the development and production of original programming. Friedman was the founding Creative Director/Executive Producer of Nickelodeon’s Creative Lab, the network’s experimental short form department, and began her career on the network’s Double Dare in 1987.
Friedman is a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania, where she concurrently earned a B.A. degree in American Civilization and an M.A. degree in Education. She serves on the Board of Advisors for the Children’s Media Association.
Sprout is the 24-hour preschool TV network that reflects real kids and the real worlds they are growing up in. Sprout’s original programming inspires families to experience the possibilities in every single day, and includes animated series “Nina’s World,” “Ruff-Ruff, Tweet & Dave” and “Floogals.” Sprout’s “Sunny Side Up” is the only morning show for preschoolers and broadcasts live from NBCU Studios in Rockefeller Plaza. Launched in 2005 and now in over 58 million US homes, Sprout is a network of NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment, a division of NBCUniversal, one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies. Please visit sproutonline.com for additional information.
Al Jaffee Recognized for Lifetime Achievement at NYC Event
Latest Content Flag:
NEW YORK – March 31, 2016 – TODAY was the number-one morning news show in total viewers and the key demos for the week of March 21, the first outright win in both categories in a non- Olympic week since June 2012.
For the week, TODAY topped ABC’s “Good Morning America” by 49,000 total viewers, 180,000 in A25-54, and by 185,000 in A18-49. More viewers turned to TODAY for the breaking news coverage of the Brussels terrorist attack on Tuesday, March 22, giving TODAY a huge 693,000 total viewer win over GMA for the day. TODAY also beat GMA in total viewers on Monday (+53,000) and Wednesday (+220,000), powering the strong week.
TODAY HIGHLIGHTS – Week of March 21-25:
|CBS THIS MORNING||2.61||10||3,587||0.60||758||0.90||1,064|
|GOOD MORNING AMERICA||3.46||14||4,667||0.90||1,143||1.36||1,611|
TODAY averaged 4.716 million total viewers, beating GMA by +49,000 and CBS This Morning by +1.129 million
- This is the first total viewer win for TODAY, excluding Olympics, since the week of June 18, 2012
- TODAY was #1 in total viewers for 3 days last week (Mon, Tue, Wed) for the first non –Olympic week since the week of June 25, 2012
- During the breaking news of the Brussels terror attack on Tuesday, March 22, TODAY had a +693,000 total viewer win over GMA, the largest non-Olympic single day total viewer win vs. GMA since March 6, 2012.
TODAY averaged 1.791 million A25-54 viewers, outperforming GMA by +180,000 (+11%) and CBS This Morning by +727,000 (+68%)
- TODAY has been #1 among A25-54 viewers for 13 consecutive weeks and 29 of the last 30 weeks
- TODAY won 4 mornings in A25-54, increasing its season-to-date total to 113 daily wins out of 126 rated broadcast days
TODAY averaged 1.328 million A18-49 viewers, +185,000 (+16%) more than GMA and +570,000 (+75%) higher than CBS
- Among A18-49 viewers, TODAY has now posted 33 consecutive wins and has been #1 in 39 of the last 41 weeks and 50 of the last 54 weeks
- TODAY hit a four-week high in its A18-49 lead over GMA
- TODAY won 4 mornings and has now secured 121 daily A18-49 wins season-to-date out of 126 rated broadcast days
For the week of 3/21/2016, GMA viewership fell by double-digits YoY across all key measures while TODAY saw YoY growth
- In P2+, TODAY was up +1% (+53,000) with GMA down -14% (-742,000) and CBS up +10% (+311,000)
- In A25-54, TODAY was up +1% (+16,000) with GMA down -17% (-324,000) and CBS up +8% (+79,000)
- In A18-49, TODAY was up +1% (+9,000) with GMA down -13% (-178,000) and CBS up +5% (+34,000)
*Please note: As of 12/28/15, Nielsen national ratings are based on an expanded sample known as “NPX,” which effectively doubles the size of the Nielsen panel through a combination of additional meters and HHs. While NPX is now the official currency of record, all data pre-12/28/15 remains based on the old sample – so year-to-year and other comparisons are versus pre-NPX data.
TODAY was also the number-one morning news show for the first quarter of 2016, topping GMA by 154,000 in the key demo A25-54. This is the second consecutive quarterly win for TODAY in the key demo, the first back-to-back victory since 2012. TODAY also posted its narrowest quarterly total viewer gap with GMA since the third quarter 2012. TODAY was the number-one morning show in A18-49 for the quarter.
For the quarter, TODAY has radically cut its total viewer gap with GMA by 69% (400,000) versus the first quarter last year.
TODAY HIGHLIGHTS: 1ST QUARTER 2016
|CBS THIS MORNING||2.76||10||3,808||0.65||830||0.96||1,138|
|GOOD MORNING AMERICA||3.67||14||4,995||1.00||1,266||1.46||1,734|
TODAY averaged 1.888 million A25-54 for the quarter, outperforming GMA by +154,000 and CBS “This Morning” by +750,000
- This is TODAY’s largest A25-54 quarterly win over GMA since 2Q 2012
- This is TODAY’s first consecutive A25-54 quarterly demo win since 2012
TODAY averaged 4.818 million total viewers for the quarter, outperforming CBS by +1.010 million
- TODAY narrowed the total viewer gap vs. GMA for the fifth consecutive quarter, posting its closest margin to the ABC program since 3Q 2012
- Versus the same quarter last year, the total viewer gap between TODAY and GMA was reduced by 69% (-177,000 in 1Q’16 vs. 577,000 in 1Q’15)
TODAY averaged 1.428 million A18-49 viewers, leading GMA by +162,000 and CBS by +598,000
- TODAY has been #1 in A18-49 for 13 consecutive quarters and 85 of the last 86 quarters (dating back to 4Q 1994)
- Versus 1Q 2015, TODAY improved its advantage over GMA by 141,000 viewers (a 671% improvement)
GMA was down double digits in both the key demo and total viewers for the quarter.
- GMA is down -15% (-313,000) in A25-54 and -10% (-540,000) in total viewers for the quarter
TODAY DIGITAL HIGHLIGHTS:
For the 20th straight month, Today.com reached more consumers than GMA on Yahoo. Over 35.3 million unique visitors turned to Today.com in February for exclusive interviews and the latest lifestyle, parenting and entertainment news, according to recent data from comScore. For 26 consecutive months (35 out of the last 36), Today.com has reached more mobile consumers than GMA on Yahoo.
Additionally, Today.com’s mobile unique visitors have grown +42% over the last 12 months while GMA on Yahoo has declined -12% for the same period. As such, Today.com has gone from parity in mobile unique visitors in September 2013 to over 4.3x GMA on Yahoo’s mobile visitor number in February 2016.
The Vital Voice published this James Marsters interview today in […]
The Meteorite Arc starts Monday, April 4 at 2:30am PT
Crunchyroll News continues the assault on the spring anime season today with word that episodes 10-13 of God Eater, aka the “Meteorite Arc”, are set to begin streaming soon! Read on for full details!
We’d also love to hear from you, the fans! Please post a photo of yourself with your favorite Funko figure from 2016 on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram tagged with #Funko16! Two lucky winners will receive a mystery Pop! prototype! The contest will end on Wednesday, April 6th!
Allison (Powered By Funko)
This week’s episode of “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” got back to its roots, going all in on reminding us it’s still a big part of the larger Marvel Cinematic Universe. After last week’s send-off of Bobbi and Hunter, this week found us exploring Mack’s personal life–who knew he had a brother?–Daisy going dark side, and Coulson testing Lincoln’s loyalty to the S.H.I.E.L.D. ideal.
There were plenty of references to the rest of the MCU: Ultron, Sokovia, Howard Stark and Starktech, and more! Along with the Watchdogs, a domestic extremist group that have close ties to Captain America in the comics. With all the Easter eggs being dropped, you might have missed a few things, so here are the 10 best quotes from Season 3, episode 14, “Watchdogs!”
1. “Okay, thank you, nerd herd.” – Daisy to Mack and Fitz when they start geeking out about Howard Stark’s old Nitromene implosion bomb. I’m with you, girl.
2. “I’m practically the only woman here who can’t kill with her bare hands.” – Simmons, more than a little bitter that she’s been so physically helpless as an Agent for so long. I think things are about to change for Jemma Simmons.
3. “It’s not about how they act, it’s about how we respond.” – Mack on how S.H.I.E.L.D. is supposed to deal with the bad guys. Always the voice of reason.
4. “Saving the world, one diligently assessed insurance claim at a time.” – Mack’s brother, Ruben. Man, won’t he be surprised when he finds out his brother is actually a black ops spy?
5. “Don’t interrupt me, you got it? You haven’t earned that right yet.” – Coulson laying into Lincoln. Anyone else feel like Coulson’s mistrust of Lincoln has as much to do with the fact he’s dating Coulson’s surrogate daughter as Lincoln’s commitment to the team?
6. Fitz: “What does he think you’re doing?” Mack: “Insurance.” Fitz: “Well, not anymore, I’d wager.” – Just after Mack’s brother watches Mack take out a few highly trained Watchdog guards. Yeah, I’d say his insurance claims adjuster cover is blown.
7. “Sooner or later, this bomb will go off. And then, I’ll implode…which is gonna be messy.” – Fitz with the understatement of the year.
8. “And the latest and greatest idea? The Avengers created Ultron.” – Watchdog head Felix Blake with a nice reminder of why it’s all leading to Civil War.
9. “Sometimes we do the wrong thing for the right reasons.” – Coulson to Lincoln. Is he saying this to Lincoln…or himself?
10. “If it moves, shoot it. Try not to shoot yourself. Or me.” – Mack explaining how to use an assault rifle to his brother. Oh, sure, when you make it sound like that…
Catch a new “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” Tuesday at 9:00 PM ET on ABC, and make sure to follow @AgentsofSHIELD on Twitter and like “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” on Facebook for all the latest news and updates.
We’re going @emeraldcitycomicon! Find us at our corner booth 612! We’re taking all of our new stuff, and then some, so make sure to come and check us out! It’s going to be a great show!
#theninjabot #ninjabot #emeraldcitycomicon #eccc (at Portland, Oregon)
13.5cm Kurta features the expected glowing scarlet eyes gimmick
While a bit less amazing than the earlier Gon, Biscuit and Hisoka figures, Hunter x Hunter aficionados still won’t be able to say no to the new Bandai Premium – Next Vendor’s Innovation Kurapika. As would be expected, he has a glowing scarlet eyes gimmick. Reservations run March 31-May 6, with the 13.5cm Kurta selling for 4,444yen ahead of a July release.